Monday, June 4, 2012

OPI Turquoise Shatter and Cutex 2in1 Base Coat

Here's the OPI Turquoise Shatter which I got as part of yesterday's haul.

In direct sunlight over the unknown Australis
In the shade
It's so sparkly and shiny and I can't stop staring at it! My first shatter polish, and I love it! Strange thing did happen though, when I went to put on my top coat. It changed colour, going slightly darker than what it looks like in the bottle. Not that I mind, of course :)

You can't really see it in that photo, but I did get little bald spots on my nails in the black areas, which aren't really obvious. Unfortunately, it's already starting to show slight tip wear. So I went and bought Cutex 2in1 Base Coat. I just searched it up on the internet, and it has mixed reviews. We'll see what happens when I try it!

<3 Wednesday

EDIT;

So I opened it, and I didn't realise that the brush is icky and the bristles stick out at odd angles. Ah well, I'll just cut the stray bristles and hope for the best. On the other hand, however, it dries super fast and is really shiny :D

2 comments:

  1. I don't really care for the Crackle/Shatter polishes but this one is very pretty!
    I've never heard of the Cutex base coat so I can't really comment on that. Atleast it dries fast and is shiny.You will have to post an update on that after you have used it for awhile and let me know how it works.
    Angel
    Meganailattude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I say anything, let me just flail for a bit over my first comment :D

      I bought the Cutex at my local Chemist Warehouse because it was cheaper than the Sally Hansen base/top coat, though now I think about it, it probably would've been better to get that one.

      Will do about the update <3

      Delete